Saturday 10 May 2014

GETTING STARTED WITH NAPPY HAIR STYLES

  GETTING STARTED WITH NAPPY HAIR STYLES:
Few months after i went natural i decided to try out some of the beautiful nappy styles that caught my eyes (You know you are not natural yet if you do not switch styles). My hair was in TWA(Tenny Wenny Afro) stage, so i was limited to fros until my friend Ada of Nappilynigeriangirl advised i did twist out and i had no idea to go about it. She just said " When your hair is damp, do a double strand twist then when it's dry, untwist it" I had my sister help me twist and then when it got dried i untwisted. It turned out quite well but i thought i looked weird so i took it down and had this done.



Photo credit: Nappilynigeriangirl 

I gave it another try and it ended up looking like dread locks.




I didn't give up still on twistoutsI made a third attempt and it turned out nice....




Didnt brush the root together    
 One day i felt my hair was long enough, so i did the almighty bantu knots and it turned out lovely.



Taking down process


 WHAT NAPPY HAIR STYLES HAVE YOU ROCKED!!!!!!

 
 



9 comments:

  1. Am not natural :-( I think I want to cut my hair not because I want to go natural though but because I want to change my looks btw your hair looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really refreshing to switch your looks sometimes you know. please let us share in your" before and after" looks okay. Thanks for the compliment btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly dont like the word nappy, never liked it and will never like it just dont sound right
    And all hair styles i have tried never came out as desired, my 4c hair just wont curl but anyways once i take off my braids i will try again
    www.thatnigeriangirl.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lolz! I have 4b and 4c combo too. Sometimes I get frustrated whenever I have to try out new styles but with a little faith and hope, I just kip going. Sometimes u need to really understand ur hair to know what it likes. Sometimes, some products in my hair helps hold the styles but at oda times, some oda products play a huge role in destroying the curls. Am still trying out new styles anyways and I hope I achieve what I desire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely. I try twist outs most of the time nd put my hair in a pineapple fro. Btw ur hair looks healthy. Lovely blog u av. htttp://leeznijis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tnk u very much Lizzy. Blush much. Tnx for dropping by. I'll definitely visit ur blog too

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your hair o..its so nice. When my hair gets very long,I'll try out the bantu knot..

    ReplyDelete
  9. tnk u Moby. I hope I get to see pictures of it.

    ReplyDelete