Saturday 10 May 2014

MY EXPERIENCE..

REGULAR SHAMPOOS AND CONDITIONERS: MY EXPERIENCE.

I embarked on an emergency journey and i didn't carry my hair kit along because i had no intentions of taking down my weave extension. Plans changed and i stayed longer than expected and i had to take out my weave extension ( Since i have a policy of wearing extensions for only two weeks and braids for not more than 4 weeks ). I went for a hunt for organic shampoos and conditioners but to my surprise, it was like looking for a needle in a haystack. I decided to look for a saloon that had at least a sulphate free conditioner but all i saw was nameless shampoos and conditioners in small white kegs. I had no choice i just needed to wash my hair so i got Dudu Osun (Black soap) . When it was time to wash my hair, i handed out the black soap to the stylist; you can imagine the look i got from her lol. I paid no attention as if i read her mind i told her plainly " That is what i want to use" after washing with the black soap, i instructed her to use their nameless conditioner ( At least the nameless conditioner wouldn't make me bald after one use ). The conditioner had a refreshing banana fragrance so it just helped me get over my paranoid state. i did my hair in cornrows and had another extension sewed in as a protective style. A week later, i took it down because i was in a hurry to put all my nappy hair product since i was back to base. What i saw when i took out my cornrows was just so frightening. My hair was in its driest state not to mention the heavy dandruff that came with it.






 It took me about 3 whole days to bring my hair back to life. I did hot oil treatments, preepooed, protein treatment, tea rinsed with moringa tea, shampooed, deep conditioned, cowashed then i finally put in my leave in conditioner and sealed with coconut oil then i had my hair in a protective style. My hair finally got its groove back and i have learned to pack my nappy hair kits in handy bottles.



HAVE YOU EVER HAD REGULAR SHAMPOO/CONDITIONER ISSUES? SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES!



 

6 comments:

  1. Cyndy I was expecting to see pictures of your shampoo now :-(
    I use sulphate shampoo *rme* and my hair doesn't feel dry but if I fix! Choi the way my hair flakes!! So I stick to my braids and God blessed me with front hair so I don't worry about going bald

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amaka am really sorry i didnt put up any picture. i hope to do a proper post on shampoos and conditioners soon. as for sulphate shampoos, trust me when i say it is the worst thing to have in your precious hair. sulphate strips your hair off its natural oil. you might not have noticed probably because you may have oily roots or scalp. try switching sulphate products for organic sulphate free products and see how happy your hair will be(thank me later). you are really lucky to have a healthy hairline but please do not stress it else it will vanish faster than you can pronounce your name. be gentle on your hairline okay. tnx for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Idk if "organic" has to be there before you use a product, all those products are the same, organic or not so far its sulfate free am good.
    www.thatnigeriangirl.net
    And to be honest since i switched to sulfate free shampoo i havent seen any difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What works for some myt nt work for u. Sulphate is a no no for me. I ckd manage it in ny shampoos but never in my conditioner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tbh I don't condition my hair..I guess that why it's still in this state

    ReplyDelete