Friday 12 September 2014

GOT DANDRUFF? HERE IS HOW TO DEAL WITH IT…




 I knew I had to do this post when a guy asked me for a remedy for dandruff after using several shampoos and even relaxer. That was when it hit me. I’d earlier received tones of emails from blog visitors requesting that I do a post on dandruff. So, today I bring you the best home remedies for dandruff.
Before I jump to the solutions, let me explain as best as I can what dandruff is for the sake of some persons who have dry scalp and think its dandruff because the solutions differ. Dandruff, a condition characterized by flaking and itchy scalp is one of the most common dermatological conditions. As harmless as it is, this chronic condition occurs when the scalp becomes dry or greasy and produces white flakes of dead skin. This can be very embarrassing.





CAUSES:
Dandruff can be caused by a number of things including dry skin, sensitivity to hair products and product buildup or problems with immune systems.


REMEDIES:

ACV:  I can’t stop emphasizing on the very many uses of apple cider vinegar (ACV). This wonder liquid has done a lot for me and so many people I know. Check for directions and measurement in my previous post on Apple cider vinegar.

BAKING SODA: This is another product that often lay around the kitchen cabinet. It plays a large part in a lot of natural home remedies and for a good reason it usually works. Mix one table spoon of baking soda into your shampoo and wash your hair.

NEEM LEAVES: This is also known as DOGOYARO LEAVES it is a great dandruff remedy. Their properties not only relieve itching but also act as anti fungal as well as inhibiting the growth of dandruff causing fungus. Soak two hands full of neem leaves to 4 or 5 cups of warm water. Let it soak overnight, strain the water in the morning and use it to rinse your hair.

LISTERINE: Mix two parts water with one part Listerine into a spray bottle. Sprits the solution directly onto your scalp, massage and let it seat for 30minutes before rinsing with water. This may seem random but Listerine combats fungus and one of the most common causes of dandruff is an over abundance of fungus.

ASPIRIN: Aspirin not only cure acne but also dandruff due to the fact that it contains salicylic acid which is an active ingredient in so many commercial anti dandruff shampoos. Just crush two white tablets and mix with your shampoo then wash. Make sure you leave it for about 2minutes before rinsing off.

TEA TREE OIL: While excess oil can be a root cause of dandruff, some oils can be helpful in keeping it under control. Pour one tbs of tea tree oil into a cup of warm water pour into a spray bottle, shake well and sprit after shampooing do not rinse off.

EAT HEALTHY: Fruits and green leafy vegetables have a great impact on how your skin, hair and nails turn out. Also take lots of water, fish oil, lean protein (aim for fish and eggs) nuts and beans.



Whew!! That was a long post. I hope this helps a lot of girls that knock themselves silly all in the name of itching.
TILL I SPILL AGAIN … XOXO


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this information. My teenage son wears an afro and has extreme dandruff. I'm going to give some of these remedies a try. Also, thank you for commenting at So What to Twenty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome Glenda. I hope this helps your son. It has worked for me and some people I know. Tnx for dropping by. Love your blog

    ReplyDelete